According to the EU Regulation No. 110 from 2008, the addition "Dry" may only be awarded if the "London Gin"
- is produced by redistillation from ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin.
- this alcohol contains at least 96% vol.
- the distillate obtained from it contains at least 70% vol. and the final result at least 37.5% vol.
- it does not contain more than 0.1g of sugar per liter.
- the use of colorants is prohibited.
Another regulation is that all botanicals are added before the second, final distillation. Characteristic of London Dry Gin is the dry taste and intense flavor of juniper.
Among the most famous London Dry Gin brands are Bombay, Ophir and Tanqueray. Particularly noteworthy as a recommendation would be the Star of Bombay, which is slowly distilled and produced in small quantities. The additional botanicals guarantee a highly aromatic stunning taste of dried lemons and orange peel.